PONTIAC, Mich. (WXYZ) — It is a drop in the bucket. Oakland County gets $17 million a year from the feds to help fix the roads.
This morning a group of about some 40 local and county officials approved the list of 10 projects. They do this three-years in advance, so these are the projects that will be done in 2022.
The roads are selected and voted on based on safety, condition of the road and the volume of traffic on it.
One of those is Decker Road from 14 Mile to Maple Road in Walled Lake. People we talked with say this is badly needed as they’ve dodged potholes for years.
The road will also be widened in the project.
Here’s the rest of the list that was approved today again, for 2022. All are major resurfacing projects
Roads under city/village jurisdiction:
- Berg Rd, Eight Mile Rd. to Simmons Rd, Southfield
- Decker Rd, 14 Mile Rd to E. West Maple, Walled Lake
- Shiawassee Rd, Eight Mile Rd to Inkster Rd., Southfield.
- NB NW Service Dr, Bell Rd to Telegraph Rd., Southfield
- Wixom Rd, S of Grand River to S City Limit, Novi
Roads under Road Commission jurisdiction:
- Orchard Lake Rd, E of Cass Lake to Pontiac City Limit, Keego Harbor, Sylvan Lake, West Bloomfield Twp.;
- 14 Mile Rd, Stephenson to Dequindre, Madison Heights and Troy;
- Pontiac Trail, Haggerty to Green Lake, West Bloomfield Twp.
- 12 Mile Rd, Farmington Rd to Orchard Lake Rd., Farmington Hills
- Novi Rd, 9 Mile to 10 Mile, Novi