Three classic cars are making a road trip from Washington state to Detroit and will get here just in time for the 2016 North American International Auto Show.
A 1957 Chevrolet Nomad, 1966 Ford Mustand and 1961 Chrysler 300G are making the nearly 3,000-mile trip which they're calling, "The Drive Home." The vehicles, which are part of the collection at LeMay - America's Car Museum in Tacoma, Wash. started the journey on Dec. 27.
"Cars are meant to be experienced and driven, not sit and dying in a museum," LeMay CeO David Mdeira said.
As the cars make the trip home, they will hold rallies at various cities during the journey. It all ends on Jan. 8 with a celebration at Cadillac Square and an iconic drive down Woodward Ave. in Detroit.
Check out the dates of the stops and celebration information below:
- Dec. 28 - Enthusiast gathering in Boise, Idaho
- Dec. 29 - Enthusiast gathering in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dec. 30 - Enthusiast gathering in Grand Junction, Colorado
- Dec. 31 - New Year's Eve party at Auto Club Colorado
- Jan. 1 - Enthusiast gathering in Hays, Kansas
- Jan. 2 - Hosted event in Knasas City, Missouri
- Jan. 3 - Enthusiast event in Kansas City, Missouri
- Jan. 3 - Hosted event in St. Louis, Missouri
- Jan. 4 - Homecoming Rally with State Farm in Bloomington, Illinois
- Jan. 5 - HEPpy Hour in Chicago, Illinois
- Jan. 6 - Caffeine & Gasoline fueled by Shell in Schaumburg, Illinois
- Jan. 7 - Hosted event in Birmingham, Michigan
- Jan. 8 - "Welcme Home" drive down Woodward Ave.