Ikea is recalling 80,000 baby gates and the extensions due to a fall hazard, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
According to the CPSC, the recall involves the IKEA PATRULL, PATRULL FAST and PATRULL KLAMMA safety gates and safety gate extensions. They have been recalled once before in May 2015.
A permanent label is attacked to the metal bar at the bottom containing "IKEA" and the article number. The following article numbers have been recalled:
- PATRULL safety gate - Article No.: 702.390.98
- PATRULL safety gate extension - Article No.: 602.651.44
- PATRULL FAST safety gate (white) - Article No.: 700.377.26, 702.265.19
- PATRULL FAST safety gate (beach wood) - Article No.: 300.375.68, 700.989.51, 701.135.98 and 901.919.53
- PATRULL KLAMMA safety gate - Article No.: 302.265.21
- PATRULL KLAMMA safety gate extension - Article No.: 302.651.45, 902.265.23
The CPSC says there have been 55 reported injuries worldwide, including 10 that resulted in two concussions and cuts and bruising.