· The IT in the D Career Academy is a non-profit organization providing online and in-person training, and job coaching for careers in IT. Click HERE to learn more!
· IT in the D recently received a training grant from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation to train 100 learners who are interested in starting a career as an IT help-desk technician. They will help successful learners land their first IT career opportunity for less than a $30 investment and their time.
o With additional training, IT help-desk technicians may continue to grow their careers in programming or network/IT security.
o Interested learners must have a high school diploma or GED, and be computer literate.
· Successful learners will be eligible to be certified through CompTIA which employers look for over learners who only have IT training. One-time certification fees will be covered by IT in the D.
· IT in the D is now seeking learners who are interested in starting a career in IT.
· IT in the D is also seeking employer interested in hiring their certified IT talent.
· An information session for learners and employers is scheduled for this Saturday, November 11 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Detroit School for Digital Technology (DSDT) at 1759 West 21st Street, Detroit, MI. Join us in the main conference room. Registration is not necessary, just show up and learn! Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Additional information (optional): Regularly scheduled meetup meetings will take place with mentors working in the IT industry to help learners progress through the program and be fully prepared for the real world of IT.
Deadline to Apply: Classes are ongoing and on a rolling schedule throughout the rest of 2017 and into 2018. This opportunity will last until the grant funding is exhausted.