News

Actions

1 dog dead, another seriously injured in Warren house fire

Posted: 6:19 PM, Oct 15, 2018
Updated: 2018-10-15 18:19:23-04

Fire crews responded to a house fire in Warren Monday morning that killed one dog and seriously injured another dog. 

The incident occurred at a home in the 12300 block of Wellington. 

According to the Warren Fire Commissioner, the dogs were attempting to eat trash off of a working stove when the trash caught fire. 

One of the dogs died, while the other was transported to a vet in "bad condition," the commissioner said. 

The fire was ruled an accident. No humans or firefighters were injured in the fire.