(WXYZ) — The Genesee County Sheriff's Office said 12 more people have been arrested in the 2nd child sex sting operation.
According to Sheriff Robert Pickell, the Genesee Human Oppression Strike Team (GHOST) arrested the "dirty dozen" in their operation aimed at targeting children for sex purposes.
"My task force was created under a 'build it and they will come' philosophy. For those targeting our innocent children however, Genesee County is no field of dreams, it has become their nightmare. This preparatory behavior has led to the loss of reputation, jobs, and freedom," Pickard said in a Facebook post.
He said that felony charges have been filed, and more details are expected to be released at a press conference on Monday morning.
Those arrested include:
– Thomas Ternan, 54, supervisor
– David Obrien, 28, mechanic
– Donald Humpert, 56, painter
– John Thomas, 36, cable installer
– Larry Starnes, 49, airport shuttle bus driver
– Allan Tharp, 25, utility worker
– Julian Brignon-Rodriguez, 28, construction
– John Mandock, 53, unemployed
– Robert Bailey, 30, pool cleaner
– Keenon Waters, 25, apartment maintenance worker
– Ahmed Abioye, 20, college student
– (Name pending), laborer
In June, the task force arrested 22 people, including a senior Comerica Bank executive, in the first sting.