News

Actions

2 dead in carbon monoxide incident at home on Detroit's east side

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WXYZ.png
Posted at 6:13 AM, Oct 29, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-29 06:22:59-04

DETROIT (WXYZ) — Two people have died in a carbon monoxide incident that occurred in a home on Detroit's east side Monday evening, police say.

Officers were called to a home on E. Palmer near Chene for a welfare check on a missing person. They found two people collapsed on the floor, apparently overcome by carbon monoxide.

A 47-year-old man was pronounced dead on the scene. A 45-year-old woman had a pulse and was taken to a local hospital, where she was declared dead.

Officers found two generators working inside the house.

Police continue to investigate.