News

Actions

Charges dropped against 3 men charged in death of man in Warren in 2019

Warren police crime scene
Posted at 11:58 AM, Jul 05, 2019
and last updated 2020-11-23 10:23:40-05

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) — Manslaughter charges have been dropped against three men who were charged with allegedly beating a man to death in Warren last year.

According to Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer, the Macomb County Prosecutor's Office dropped the charges against Christopher Zehnpfennig Chris Twarowski and Nathan Domagalski. Zehnpfennig was a part-time freelance photographer at WXYZ.

Kenneth Klinger, 24, from Auburn Hills, was the person killed in the alleged attack.

The three suspects claimed that they were taking Klinger home from a party when he began attacking them. They say they dropped Klinger in a parking lot in Warren where an altercation ensued. The three left Klinger at the scene.

Video allegedly showed Klinger walking onto Mound Rd. and falling to the ground. We're told medical professionals said that the injuries sustained by Klinger could have only happened from being hit by a vehicle and not being beaten by a person.