LAPEER, Mich. (WXYZ) — According to Lapeer Community Schools, four students from their Zemmer Campus had negative reactions to a substance ingested through a vape pen Wednesday morning.
The students were taken to the hospital for treatment and monitoring, and their parents were notified.
"We do not know the nature of the substance at this time as it is currently being evaluated by medical staff," read a post by the school district posted to Facebook. "The safety and security of our students is our top priority. We ask that everyone be responsible with respect to passing along rumors and misinformation via social media or any other medium."