Rush hour will be a mess on sections of I-696, I-75 and Telegraph Road Tuesda as emergency road repairs are needed to fix not just potholes but broken concrete that is hitting vehicles and causing major damage.
Two weeks ago, 7 Action News first showed you how one piece of concrete went through a windshield on one car, and through the front of two others.
Michigan State Police say at least 4 vehicles were damaged. MDOT does not have the tally of damage so far.
Here’s the list of projects beginning Tuesday:
EB I-696 in Macomb from Dequindre to Mound ONLY
- 7 am - 9 am: 2 right lanes open, 2 left closed
- 9 am – 3 pm: 1 right lane open, 3 left closed
- 3 pm – 7 pm: 2 right lanes open, 2 left closed
SB I-75 from Coolidge to Wattles:
- 7 am - 7 pm: 1 right lane open, 2 left closed
US-24 from Orchard Lake to Square Lake:
- 8 am – 7 pm: 2 right lanes open, 2 left closed