(WXYZ) — Bank of America is looking for high school seniors and juniors for a summer internship at Focus:Hope.
The application deadline is January 31.
Here's what you need to know:
Bank of America Student Leaders program is now accepting applications for the 2020 program. For Metro Detroit students interested in a rewarding summer internship, with a passion for community engagement, this summer initiative just may be what you seek. The Student Leaders program is part of the bank’s ongoing commitment to recognize youth who lead and serve in their communities and beyond, connecting young people with the tools and resources that will help them make communities better. Each year, the program awards paid summer jobs to high school juniors and seniors at a local nonprofit organization, and participation in a national leadership summit in Washington D.C.
The application for the 2020 Student Leaders program is open now through January 31, 2020.
To become a Student Leader, you must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school in Wayne, Oakland, or Macomb Counties
- Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship through the end of September 2020
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C. (July 13 - July 18, 2020 with all expenses paid. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.)
- Be a student in good standing at your school
- Obtain and submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator. Contact your recommender as soon as possible to provide them with the requirements listed at the end of the application. You will need to upload the letter no later than January 31, 2020.
Prospective Student Leaders can apply online at www.bankofamerica.com/studentleaders [bankofamerica.com]
“The Student Leaders program has proven that a more diverse and inclusive society advances economic mobility,” said Matt Elliott, Michigan Market President, Bank of America. “It provides promising young people with leadership skills and meaningful workforce experience.”
In the Metro Detroit region, Bank of America partners with Focus:HOPE to provide paid internships to the Student Leaders who will also participate in a leadership summit in Washington D.C. and learn financial skills through Bank of America’s Better Money Habits®.