DETROIT (WXYZ) — Tackling tough issues in the Black Community – that's what the Barbershop Tour headed for Detroit is aiming to do.
100 Black Men of America will host their signature forum, the Barbershop Tour: Taking A Cut Out of Life on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at Greater Grace Temple on 7 Mile. The event is scheduled from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The discussion plans to tackle critical issues facing African American communities. Topics include: police brutality, mental health and wellness; financial freedom, education and leadership development.
Taking A Cut Out of Life is a traveling panel discussion designed to transcend generations by sharing the common experiences of African American males. African American leaders will discuss the issues of the community while sharing key strategies for moving toward a common ground through focused leadership in our homes and communities. The forum will conclude with Q&A and a call to action. Barbershop is Real Talk from Real People.
- Moderator - Rev. Dr. Freddie Haynes III, Senior Pastor, Friendship West Baptist Church, Dallas
- Dr. William Pickard, Chairman & Founder, GAA Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
- Dr. Kenneth L. Harris, President & CEO, National Business League, Inc.
- The Honorable Benjamin Crump, Civil Rights Attorney, Ben Crump Law, PLLC
- Sherriff Benny N. Napoleon, J.D., Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
The event is free and open to the public. Those interested in attending can register here.