ROYAL OAK, Mich. (WXYZ) — Researchers with Beaumont's Cancer Clinical Trials Program are seeking cancer patients who smoke and their family members for a smoking termination program.
The free program will be held for four Mondays from July 15 through Aug. 5. Participants are required to attend all four classes at the Beaumont Health and Wellness Center in Royal Oak from 5 to 6 p.m.
“Beaumont is committed to improving patient care by partnering with patients and their families. Invite a family member, or partner, in your home who smokes to join you in a journey to quit smoking. There is no cost to participate in this research study," said Dr. Shannon Wills in a rleease.
For more information or to enroll, call 248-551-7695 or email email@example.com.
The smoking termination program includes:
- Four weekly sessions for a smoker and their family member
- Tools to help stop smoking and live a healthier life
- A survival kit to help smokers manage their cravings
- Questionnaires before and after classes and at 1,3 and 6 months
- A certificate of completion