Spring has arrived in Michigan and that means Bell's Oberon will be back on tap and on store shelves very soon.
Oberon release day is happening on Monday, March 27 across the state, with many bars tapping the kegs at midnight Sunday night/Monday morning. The release coincides with baseball season.
The midnight tapping extravaganza is happening at 11 p.m. on Sunday, March 26 at One Eyed Betty's in Ferndale. Quizzo starts at 9 p.m. and Oberon will be flowing at midnight, as well as the crowing of a King or Queen of Oberon.
Other midnight tappings in metro Detroit include:
- Palate of Milford, 449 N. Main Street
- Gusoline Alley, Royal Oak, 309 S. Center St.
- The Rock on 3rd, Royal Oak, 112 E. 3rd St.
- Red Dog Saloon, Milford, 250 W. Summit St.
- Smoke Street, Milford, 424 N. Main St.
- Penny Black, Rochester, 124 W. 4th St.
- Mr. B's, Rochester, 423 S. Main St.
- Uptown Grille, Commerce Township, 31000 E. West Maple Rd.
- Hermann's Olde Town Grille, Plymouth, 195 W. Liberty St.
- Honest John's, Detroit, 488 Selden St.
- The Sports Den, Northville, 133 W. Main St.
There will also be different events throughout the week celebrating Oberon in metro Detroit.
On March 28 at Soggy Bottom Bar in Flint, they are celebrating Oberon with a party at 5 p.m.
In Eastpointe, they are doing a free Oberon sampling from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Fairway Sav Mor.
On Thursday, April 6, Bell's is doing a lunch tasting at Fresh Thyme Market in Ypsilanti.
Plus, events on Tuesday, March 28 at Twin Peaks in Madison Heights and Livonia, Wednesday, March 29 at Brown Iron Brewhouse in Washington Township and Thursday, March 30 at Ye Olde Saloon in Royal Oak.