A body was found inside a home after an overnight fire on Detroit's southwest side.
Detroit police say it happened around 3 a.m. in the 8400 block of Lane Street.
Investigators say fire crews discovered the body in the living room after it had been badly burned.
Detroit arson investigators say the fire does not appear suspicious at this time.
Family says their 48-year-old relative, Alvaro Jimenez, is the victim. We're told Jimenez and another man were living in the home and did not have electricity or gas. They reportedly used an extension cord to get power from a neighbor.
Family believes the fire was likely caused by a faulty circuit.
Stay with WXYZ.com for updates on this developing story.