(WXYZ) — Award-winning actor and comedian Chris Tucker’s performance at the Fox Theatre on April 24 has been postponed to Friday, July 17, 2020 at 8 p.m.
Tucker was scheduled to perform at the Fox Theatre on Friday, April 24 for "Live In Concert."
Tickets went on sale Friday, Oct. 25 at 10 a.m. and started at $40.50.
He is known for playing the role of James Carter in the Rush Hour film series with Jackie Chan, and he also became a favorite of HBO's Def Comedy Jam in the 90s.
Here's a statement for the tour:
Due to the current global health crisis as well as travel and performance restrictions, the upcoming dates on Chris Tucker’s tour have been affected as follows:
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 | Aspen, CO | Belly Up Aspen – cancelled
- Friday, March 20, 2020 | Denver, CO | Paramount Theatre – rescheduled for September 11, 2020
- Saturday, March 21, 2020 | Mt. Pleasant, MI | Soaring Eagle Casino – rescheduled for August 8, 2020
- Friday, March 27, 2020 | Richmond, VA | Altria Theater – rescheduled for July 24, 2020
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 | Orlando, FL | Hard Rock Live – rescheduled for July 25, 2020
- Friday, April 10, 2020 | New York, NY | Beacon Theatre – rescheduled for July 30, 2020
- Friday, April 24, 2020 | Detroit, MI | Fox Theatre – rescheduled for July 17, 2020
- Saturday, April 25, 2020 | Milwaukee, WI | Riverside Theater – cancelled
This very difficult decision was made following the recommendations of government authorities including the Center for Disease Control to reduce the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For rescheduled shows, all tickets for the original performance dates will be honored. For cancelled shows, refunds are available at point of purchase. For more information, please visit christucker.com [christucker.com].