Community comes together for family who lost house in fire in Monroe

Posted at 1:20 PM, Nov 15, 2019
and last updated 2019-11-15 13:19:59-05

The community is coming together for a family who lost their house and four dogs in a fire on Thursday night.

Chyanne Szalka, Ronald Cunningham, and their 15-month-old daughter lived in the home with eight dogs. it went up in flames around 7 p.m. Thursday.

Ronald said he was working on getting rid of asbestos in the house that he grew up in when he saw wires sparking.

Chyanne is also pregnant with her second daughter, due in a few weeks.

The family is asking for help with clothing that they lost in the fire. Below is what they are looking for.

Those items can be dropped off at Habitat for Humanity in Monroe, but you have to specify that they are for the family.