DETROIT (WXYZ) — The president of Adamo Demolition Company resigned from the Detroit Board of Wrecking Examiners after another wrong home was demolished.
The Detroit Building Authority issued a violation notice on Wednesday morning to Adamo Group for a wrongful demolition.
Richard Adamo, the president of the company, said he is resigning from the board, effective immediately.
"I have enjoyed the position tremendously and very much appreciate the confidence you have shown in me during my appointment," he said in the letter.
In May, the city has previously suspended Adamo for demolishing the wrong home.
In the first case, Adamo Construction, the contractors in the Detroit demolition program, had mistakenly knocked down a Land Bank-owned house at 5792 Holcomb that was in the demolition pipeline but was not the house under contract for demolition. The property that should have been torn down was actually next door.
The city can again suspend Adamo for 90 days after this incident.