(WXYZ) — Planet Fitness plans to reopen its 66 locations in Michigan on Wednesday, Sept. 9.
In a press release, the company said it has taken several steps to "strengthen" its existing cleanliness policies.
The following procedures will be in effect:
- All team members will have completed extensive training related to enhanced cleanliness and sanitization policies and procedures
- Employees will receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work each day
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted
- Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the gym floor and members will continue to be asked to wipe down equipment before and after use
- Touchless check-in is available via the Planet Fitness app
- Masks are required in all Planet Fitness locations and in accordance with local restrictions
- Some pieces of cardio equipment will be temporarily marked out of use
- Clubs will operate at 25% capacity in accordance with local restrictions
Hours will vary by location.
Additional Coronavirus information and resources:
Click here for a page with resources including a COVID-19 overview from the CDC, details on cases in Michigan, a timeline of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's orders since the outbreak, coronavirus' impact on Southeast Michigan, and links to more information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC and the WHO.
View a global coronavirus tracker with data from Johns Hopkins University.
See complete coverage on our Coronavirus Continuing Coverage page.
Visit our The Rebound Detroit, a place where we are working to help people impacted financially from the coronavirus. We have all the information on everything available to help you through this crisis and how to access it.