News

Actions

Dearborn native pleads not guilty after facing federal charges for allegedly helping ISIS

Posted at 4:47 PM, Jul 27, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-27 17:37:38-04

In a surprising move, Ibraheem Musaibli agreed to remain in federal custody.

The terror suspect was back in court today. He is accused of providing material support to ISIS.

Musaibli agreed to remain in custody pending trial.

RELATED: Dearborn native facing federal charges for allegedly supporting ISIS terrorist group

US Attorney Matthew Schneider said, “The time the government could indicate whether or not the defendant should be detained pending the trial. What happened was the defendant consented to detention.”

The move comes as Musaibli also entered a plea of not guilty.

Musaibli’s first court appearance was earlier this week when he requested a court-appointed attorney.

The US attorney says they were ready to show why Musaibli is a flight risk and a danger to the community, but no longer needed to since the suspect chose to remain in custody.

“The wheels of Justice sometimes they move slowly, and sometimes they move silently, and that happens to be the case.”

Musaibli is accused of supporting ISIS since 2015.

Earlier this week, we spoke with the man’s brother who said Musaibli is innocent and was kidnapped by terrorists.

Schneider dismisses the claims, “He can say whatever he wants we have a different point of view and that will all come out in court.”

Now, Musaibli will wait for his next hearing.

“There’s a lot of evidence in this case, a lot of information that will come out at a later date,” Schneider added.