The Detroit Fire Department is warning people of live Christmas trees.
They say to make sure the tree is watered everyday, if you have lights on it don't go to sleep or leave the house with the lights on and never leave candles unattended around children or pets.
They are also warning people of space heaters and electrical issues. All these issues can lead to your tree going up in flames in a matter of minutes.
Firefighters did a demonstration and the entire room was up in flames in a little over two minutes.
“It’s important that we get the information out before it happens. It’s ok to have a live tree but you want to make sure you do the maintenance,” says Detroit Fire Captain Christopher Dixon.