DETROIT (WXYZ) — The Detroit Public Schools Community District will open its summer pop-up enrollment centers on July 29.
Each center is a location for enrolling children in school for the 2019-20 school year, regardless of grade or school.
At the centers, people can apply for application schools, Pre-K and Montessori classrooms.
Here are the locations:
- NORTHEAST: Brenda Scott Academy / 18440 Hoover, 48205
- CENTRAL: Ben Carson High School / 571 Mack Avenue, 48201
- SOUTHWEST: Earhart Elementary-Middle / 1000 Scotten Street, 48209
- NORTHWEST: Gompers Elementary-Middle / 14450 Burt Road, 48223
- WEST: Mackenzie Elementary-Middle / 10147 West Chicago, 48204
- EAST: Ronald Brown Academy / 11530 E. Outer Drive, 48224
The following documents are required for enrollment:
- Child's birth certificate
- Two forms of proof of address
- Transcript or report cards
- Parent/guardian photo ID
Additionally, the Detroit Health Department will provide free immunizations and shot record look-up services from 12 to 3 p.m. on each date:
Brenda Scott Academy
Tuesday July 30
Tuesday August 13
Ben Carson High School
Wednesday July 31, 12-3 p.m.
Tuesday August 20
Ronald Brown Academy
Wednesday August 7
Thursday August 22
For more information, click here.