(WXYZ) — Summer's almost out the door and soon fall will be upon us! That means the beauty of fall colors is just around the corner.
The County Road Association of Michigan has released a list of some metro Detroit roads to view fall colors in metro Detroit.
“Driving the county roads is an ideal way to view fall colors,” said Denise Donohue, executive director for the County Road Association (CRA) of Michigan. “This list of "don’t miss" fall color drives reflect the best suggestions from nearly two dozen county road agencies who know the best color spots in their area.”
Peak viewing conditions in our area are expected between October 7 through the 14th.
Southeast Michigan (October 7-14)
- Wales, McKail and Fisher roads in Bruce Township
- M-53 between 23 and 26 Mile roads
- 24 Mile Road between Van Dyke Freeway and Shelby Road
- M-53 between 28 Mile Road and 32 Mile Road
- Tillson Street, Romeo, MI
- Lakeshore Drive between 8 Mile Road and Marter Road
- Lahser Road south of Square Lake Road to just north of Maple Road
- Franklin Road
- Orion Road between Rochester and Lake Orion
- Huron River Drive between Mast Road and US-23
- North Territorial Road between US-23 and M-52