News

Actions

DTE: 18,500 customers without power due to storms in metro Detroit

Posted: 3:18 PM, Aug 18, 2019
Updated: 2019-08-18 21:10:45-04
DTE reports about 3K without power

(WXYZ) — There are currently 18,500 customers without power in metro Detroit, according to DTE Energy. This current number includes customers impacted by the most recent storms.

There were 30,000 total customers affected, but power has been restored to 10,000 by Sunday afternoon.

RELATED: Live Updates: Threat of severe weather across southeast Michigan

The outages are due to severe weather threats across southeast Michigan Sunday.

Another round of storms are likely to hit later Sunday evening.

DTE says 95% of customers are expected to have power restored by 11:30 p.m. Sunday. The remaining 5% will be restored by 6:30 p.m. Monday.

View the outage map here and stay with 7 Action News for updates.