News

Actions

DTE: About 15,000 customers without power in metro Detroit after severe storms

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WXYZ.png
Posted at 4:54 PM, Jun 01, 2019
and last updated 2019-06-01 19:54:56-04

(WXYZ) — As of 7:45 p.m., there are about 15,000 customers without power in metro Detroit, according to DTE Energy.

About 40,000 total customers were impacted by the severe weather this afternoon. According to DTE, 80 percent of customers should have power restored by tonight. The remaining 20 percent of customers should expect their power to be restored by 3:30 p.m. Sunday.

DTE also says there will be about 250 crews working throughout the night attempting to restore power.

Stay with 7 Action News for updates.