(WXYZ) — Parents are just a few weeks away from sending their children back to school.
7 Action News reporter Ali Hoxie spoke with parents to get the following advice to help make mornings go more smoothly.
- Pre-pack snacks/lunch
- Freeze certain items. “So by the time lunchtime comes around it’s not warm it’s like the perfect temperature,” said Macomb mom Stacey Ptak. She freezes Ensures in the morning and PB&J sandwiches for lunches.
- Lay out clothing the night before
- Shower at night so you don’t have to do it in the morning. “That would take a half and hour or 45 minutes in the morning if they all showered and we had to dry hair,” said Ptak.
- Make sure your kids get a good night's sleep – that means unplugging from technology. “My phone, my husband's phone, none of it is where we sleep, so we have a central plug in that’s in the dining room so every device is out of rooms,” said mother of three and biology teacher at Southfield Christian Elizabeth Foote.
- Make mornings fun, do things that will want to get kids out of bed in the morning. Dimitrus Murphy has a dance party in the car with his son Issa in the morning. “Just being a kid you a kid you want to play all day, and as adults you know you can’t play all day but for them you know try to keep it fun so they stay interested in it,” said Murphy.
For more Back to School coverage, click here.