"Welcome to Techno City." That's the first line that reads on the Movement Festival website, and the three-day Memorial Day weekend festival kicks of Saturday afternoon at Detroit's Hart Plaza.
With five different stages, there will be more than 75 performances throughout the entire weekend. It runs Saturday from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m., Sunday from 1 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Monday from 1 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Single day tickets are available for $85 a day with a $15.79 service fee, or a 3-day general admission pass will cost $195. They are available here, or by buying them in person at these locations:
- UHF Music in Royal Oak (GA Weekend passes only)
- BDT's Smoke Shop in Hazel Park
- Detroit Threats in Hamtramck
- Detroit Hustles Harder in Detroit
- Well Done Goods in Detroit
- Urban Bean Coffee in Detroit (GA Weekend passes only)
- Flat, Black, & Circular in East Lansing (GA Weekend passes only)
All nine members of Wu Tang Clan will be one of the performances that closes out the festival Monday night, as well as Diplo, Loco Dice and The Martinez Brothers and many more. Check out the entire lineup below.
For those who want to keep the party going after the festival, there are more than a dozen official Movement after parties across Detroit throughout the weekend. You can find that list here.