Fire forces motel guests to evacuate in Inkster

Posted at 7:01 AM, Mar 10, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-10 08:24:41-05

A fire forced dozens of people to evacuate a hotel early this morning.

It happened at the Rodeway Inn on Michigan Avenue in Inkster. 

Crews say a small fire was discovered near the back of the building around 4:30 a.m.

The flames were only on the outside of the building and didn't cause any damage to any of the rooms.

Crews were able to put it out pretty quickly.

No injuries were reported and people were allowed back into their rooms about 6 a.m.