EASTPOINTE, Mich. (WXYZ) — Foot Locker is set to unveil its newest store model in metro Detroit this week.
The company's "Power Store" will open to the public on Friday, Jan. 25 on 8 Mile Road in Eastpointe.
The store will offer an immersive, family-oriented shopping experience with more than 8,500 square-feet of retail space housing a Kid's Foot Locker, women's shop and apparel for men.
"It's our goal at Foot Locker to bring the excitement of sneaker culture to local communities around the world, and that's what our new Power Store model is all about. We're focused on creating immersive brand connections that are authentically tied to the neighborhoods they serve; from the local store staff that we hire to the products and experiences we offer," said Frank Bracken, VP and GM of Foot Locker. "We are excited to be testing this new approach with its first U.S. location in Eastpointe, as we continue our journey of transforming how we serve and connect with our customers."
Regular store hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
In honor of the grand opening, Foot Locker will host events for the metro Detroit community, ranging from talent shows to panel discussion from Detroit artists and influencers.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- 1 PM – Foot Locker "Home Grown" activation unveiling Detroit-specific products and brands, featuring Icewear Vezzo and DJ BJ.
- 6 PM – "Women's Culture Wednesday" with DJ Angel Baby, featuring a panel discussion with Désirée Kelly and founder of Femology Meagan Ward, and a sneaker planter workshop with Bodega Rose.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- 6 PM – adidas SPEEDFACTORY event featuring Detroit-inspired adidas AM4DET designed at PENSOLE Footwear Design Academy by local College for Creative Studies student Kayla Donaldson.
Friday, Feb. 1
- All Day – PUMA Cell Science Lab
- 5 PM – Detroit native and rapper Big Sean will appear for a public Q&A about the science of music.
- Foot Locker will host a community giveback with PUMA and the Sean Anderson Foundation to offer sneakers, winter coats and backpacks to local kids from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan.
Saturday, Feb. 2
- All Day – Nike "Home & Away" Day
- 10 AM – Kids Foot Locker "Home Grown" activation.
- 5 PM – Detroit Got Talent Show hosted by Haha Davis with a performance by Tee Grizzley.
Foot Locker currently operates "Power Stores" in London, Liverpool and Hong Kong. Future stores are planned for Los Angeles, New York and Philadelphia.