News

Actions

Warren home damaged by fire after work crew hits gas line

Posted at 9:55 PM, Dec 15, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-16 17:40:40-05

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) — A crew working in a Warren neighborhood late Tuesday caused a home in the area to catch fire, officials said.

The crew hit a gas line in the 8500 block of Lozier, which resulted in a fire igniting inside a home on the block.

Fire officials said there were no injuries; no one was inside the home at the time of the fire. There is considerable damage to the home.

The houses on either side of the house on fire were evacuated as a precaution due to the gas leak.

Consumer's Energy is in the are conducting further investigation.