DETROIT (WXYZ) — Haven't grabbed tickets to see "Hamilton" in Detroit yet? Well, here's your chance.
The producers of the popular musical announced Wednesday they'll be holding a digital lottery for tickets to their Detroit shows at the Fisher Theatre, and the those tickets will cost just $10. This price is a steal since tickets start at around $200 on Ticketmaster.
However, the gotcha-gotcha is that only 40 tickets will be given out for that price at each show. Also, the digital lotteries will only open two days prior to each show.
The first digital lottery will be for the March 12 performance. That lottery will open Sunday, March 10 at 11 a.m.
Performances at the Fisher There, 3011 West Grand Blvd, are from March 12 through April 21.
To enter, you must be 18 or older and have a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. These lottery tickets are non-transferable.
So, here's how to enter:
Use the official app for HAMILTON, now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/app [hamiltonmusical.com]).
- You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery [hamiltonmusical.com] to register.
- The lottery will open at 11:00 AM ET two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 AM ET the day prior to the performance.
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11:00 AM ET the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided).
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two (2) tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 PM ET the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4:00 PM ET the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at Will Call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets void if resold.
For additional rules, visit https://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery/.