News

Actions

Hazel Park High School classroom evacuated after cell phone catches fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WXYZ.png
Posted at 12:32 PM, Oct 02, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-02 12:32:06-04

HAZEL PARK, Mich. (WXYZ) — A classroom inside Hazel Park High School had to be evacuated on Wednesday morning after a student's cell phone caught on fire.

The superintendent tells us that it caught on fire and smoke got into the classroom, and the fire department was called.

They came and were there for about 15 minutes to make sure everything was OK.

Now, the superintendent said classes are resuming as normal.