WAYNE COUNTY, Mich. (WXYZ) — Looking for a job? Know someone who is?
The Wayne County Department of Public Services is hosting a job fair Wednesday, Oct. 16 to fill nearly 40 positions. It will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sibley Maintenance Yard in Brownstown.
There will be on-the-spot interviews and selected candidates will move forward to begin the necessary paperwork process that can lead to employment.
Non-violent felons are also welcomed to interview, the department says.
Interviews will be conducted for the following positions:
- Public Service Maintenance Workers
- Equipment Repair Specialists
- Project Supervisors
- Tree Trimmers
Here are a few eligibility requirement for interested job seekers:
Public Service Maintenance Worker must meet the following:
· High School Diploma
· Commercial driver’s license with airbrake (A) and tanker (N) endorsements (applicants will be accepted who can obtain the (N) endorsement within 90 days of employment)
Equipment Repair Specialists must meet the following:
· Have certification in five (5) Automobile or Heavy Truck Mechanic licensing areas (State of Michigan and /or A.S.E. only) Have 5 years of automobile or heavy truck mechanic licensing through the State of Michigan or Automotive Service Excellence
· Valid driver’s license with acceptable safe driving record with less than 7 points
· If not Master Mechanic certified, the applicant must become certified within 5 months of employment
· Two years of full-time paid experience in the repair and maintenance of a variety of automobiles and heavy equipment, training at a certified technical school which provides in-class, hands-on training may be counted as experience
Electricians must meet the following:
· A valid Journeyman or Master Electrician's License from the City of Detroit or a reciprocating municipality; AND
· At least two (2) years of full-time paid experience as a licensed Electrician
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a CDL A & N Endorsement