GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WXYZ) — Here's your chance to be on the right side of food history!
HopCat is adding three never-before-seen fry flavors to its menu. The restaurant is asking customers to vote for their favorite flavor online. The most popular fry flavor will become a permanent feature on the menu, joining HopCat’s signature Cosmik fries.
Check out your options:
Funnel Cake Fries
- Your favorite childhood carnival treat in a basket
- Beer-battered fries tossed in salted caramel seasoning
- Served with chocolate dipping sauce
- Celebrate Taco Tuesday every day
- Beer-battered fries tossed in spicy taco seasoning
- Served with a side of sour cream
Shakshuka Spiced Fries
- Pronounced: “Shaq(Basketball player, starred in Kazaam)-Shoe-Ka(leidoscope)”
- Beer-battered fries tossed in the award-winning popular Libyan spice Pilpelchuma - one of the greatest seasonings you’ve never heard of, let alone tasted
Fans can vote once a day here starting Sept. 3. Three lucky voters will be selected at random to win HopCat prizes:
- Grandest Prize: Become a member of the “menu innovation team” - a behind-the-scenes opportunity to participate in a special tasting and provide input into new menu items for 2020
- Grander Prize: HopCat lawn chair, canteen and beer cooler
- Grandish Prize: HopCat apparel and a $50 gift card
“These new fry flavors give Cosmik fans a chance to experiment and ultimately determine what stays on our menu,” says Shawn Blonk, Senior Director of Food & Beverage. “We researched more than 150 seasonings from around the world and narrowed it down to three, irresistible flavors to vote on: Funnel Cake Fries, Fiesta Fries, and Shakshuka Fries.”
The exclusive fries launch nationwide at all HopCat locations beginning Sept. 3.