(WXYZ) — Huron Meadows Metropark isn't waiting for Mother Nature to cooperate; they're making snow and now their Cross-Country Ski Center and rentals are open.
According to a press release, the Huron Meadows Metropark has the Bucks Run trail open. The one-and-a-half-mile loop is lit, so it is available into the evening.
Equipment rentals are available for adults and children and rental reservations must be made in advance through the Metropark's online reservation system.
Ski Center hours:
Mondays through Fridays 2 p.m. – 7 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sundays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m
(Last available rental is two hours prior to ski center closing; rental equipment must be returned half hour prior to Ski Center closing.)
The COVID safety guidelines are as follows:
- Limited reservations available.
- Currently, we are not allowing group rentals.
- Capacity limits in ski center buildings. No more than 20 persons in the building at one time.
- Social distancing must be followed. There will be designated markers indicating distance from group ahead of you.
- Face coverings are required inside the building.
- One-way traffic in ski centers will be utilized where appropriate.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment will be done between each rental.
- No fixed seating will be provided in the ski centers and no personal items should be left in the ski center after checking in and being fitted for equipment.
- Restrooms will be open for use in ski centers.
- To read all of our Covid-19 precautions visit metroparks.com/Covid