Rep. John Conyers is in the hospital for a stress-related illness, a family spokesperson says.
- John Conyers accuser goes public: 'He asked me to sexually satisfy him'
- John Conyers' son and wife denounce allegations of misconduct
- Monica Conyers says she'll make a comment when accusers are revealed
- Democratic Rep. John Conyers settled sexual harassment complaint in 2015
- MI Rep. John Conyers admits to paying settlement, denies sexual harassment allegations
Sam Riddle, a political consultant who is acting as the family spokesperson, talked to reporters outside of the Conyers home this morning.
"The Congressman is resting comfortably in an area hospital," Riddle said. "He's doing OK -- as well as can be expected for a gentleman that's approaching 90 years of age."
Riddle says Monica is by his side at the hospital. Riddle also made comments in regards to the sexual harassment claims:
"These serial accusers have done this before, we're used to it. We don't condone sexual harassment on any level, but we hope that you will pray for the Congressman's good health and we hope that you will also understand that there is a bitter double-edge sword to those that would accuse, especially when they're serial accusers," Riddle said.