It was nothing short of a meow-acle.
A small kitten was stuck in an air conditioning unit on Tuesday; she had wedged herself into a tiny hole and her ear was stuck under a piece of metal.
The Waterford Regional Fire Department tried several tools and tactics to free the kitten, including the jaws of life, during the hour-long ordeal.
Once the kitten was pulled to safety, the fire department reached out to the Michigan Animal Rescue League in Pontiac.
“The kitten was scared and in shock when it arrived but thankfully our medical staff expects her to make a full recovery,” said Kim Pichler, Cat Care Coordinator at MARL. “She is about 8 weeks old and in need of medical care, good nutrition and lots of love and affection."
The kitten has been named Lucky, who spends her time wrapped in warm blankets and in the arms of the MARL staff.
She is expected to be available for adoption once she is fully healed.
“We are extremely thankful to the Waterford Regional Fire Department for their heroic and compassionate actions.," said Magee Humes, MARL executive director. "The fate of this kitten would not have looked been good without their life-saving efforts.”