WHITE LAKE, Mich. (WXYZ) — Lakeland High School in White Lake has dismissed students early due to high levels of carbon monoxide in the school.
According to the fire department, they were called to the school at 9:40 a.m. for a medical emergency unrelated to the carbon monoxide. Crews went into the school and equipment that detects carbon monoxide began to go off.
They alerted school officials and the school was dismissed early.
According to the department, it never got to dangerous levels by the time it was discovered. They advised the school call Consumers Energy and that, if they need further assistance, to call the department.
Students have already been dismissed and fire crews are gone, according to the department.