Offices belonging to a real estate broker in Macomb County have been raided by the FBI and investigators from the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office We're told Macomb County Sheriff's deputies were also on the scene, as mulitple locations were searched in Utica.
Ralph Roberts has been at the center of a controversial probate practice that 7 Investigator Heather Catallo has been reporting on for months.
- Macomb County Probate Public Administrator resigns after investigation
- Are probate claims being used to take Michigan homes from rightful heirs?
- Michigan AG suspends probate foreclosure practice in wake of investigation
- How to avoid losing everything to probate after your loved one dies
- Families say local realtor, attorney cashing in on estates of their recently passed loved ones
- Tips you need to know to take a loved one's estate through probate
We’ve shown you how Roberts teamed up with state-appointed Public Administrator lawyers to cash in on probate estates after someone dies, often leaving the rightful heirs with very little.
Sources say the Sheriff's investigators and federal agents removed several boxes from Roberts' businesses in Utica Tuesday, and they also seized computers.
The 7 Investigators have reached out to Roberts for comment on this; so far, we have not heard back.