HopCat will hold its annual Crack Fries eating contest in celebration of the restaurant group's tenth anniversary.
The contest will be held on Saturday, Jan. 20.
Each HopCat location will feature exclusive beers and will give away free servings of the fries, which will be available one order per customer along with any purchase until 5 p.m.
There is a $5 fee to participate in the contest, which HopCat will match and donate the entire sum to nearby Humane Society chapters.
The registration deadline is 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 20.
Here's how to sign up at any of the three metro Detroit locations:
- Ann Arbor (311 Maynard St.): Call 734-436-2875 or email general manager Gary McGinn at email@example.com.
- Detroit (4265 Woodward Ave.): Call 313-769-8828 or email general manager Erin Lind at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Royal Oak (208 W. Fifth St.): Call 248-556-2202 or email general manager LJ Hunt at email@example.com.
The prizes are as follows:
- First place: HopCat prize package valued at $500 plus chance to compete for the $2,000 grand prize against the other HopCat location winners at the 2018 Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival in Ypsilanti, Mich. (Includes a voucher to help cover travel costs)
- Second place: $100 HopCat prize package
- Third place: $25 HopCat prize package