SOUTH LYON, Mich. (AP) — A suburban Detroit manufacturing facility has been fined after the death of an employee who fell into vat of sulfuric acid.
The Detroit News reports Wednesday the $32,500 fine was issued by the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which completed an investigation of Michigan Seamless Tube LLC. Fifty-four-year-old Daniel Hill died hours after the Feb. 9 accident.
The Associated Press sent an email seeking comment from company officials. Michigan Seamless Tube previously said it was fully cooperating with the state and conducting its own probe.
State inspections resulted in five serious citations. Authorities have opened two other investigations into the company.
South Lyon-based Michigan Seamless Tube has until Thursday to file an appeal.