The home of the original Detroit-style pie has a new title under its belt!
Through the USA Today's 10 Best Competition, Buddy's Pizza is now home of the fifth best gluten-free pizza in the nation.
The shop's work with metro Detroit organizations like the Tri-County Celiac Support Group and St. Joe Mercy Hospital helped the team "craft an award-winning gluten-free pie."
Buddy's makes nearly 1,000 gluten-free pizzas each week, thanks to the pie's popularity in Michigan's gluten-free community.
“Pizza should be for everyone and we take pride in making sure Detroit’s number one pizza is available for evolving dietary restrictions and preferences,” said Wes Pikula, Buddy’s Pizza chief operations officer.
If you want to get your hands on a gluten-free slice, the pizzas are available at 12 Buddy's Restaurant Pizzeria's throughout southeast Michigan:
- Ann Arbor, Saline Road
- Auburn Hills, N. Squirrel Road
- Bloomfield Hills, W. Maple Rd
- Dearborn Hills, Michigan Avenue
- Detroit, Conant Street
- Farmington, Northwestern Hwy
- Grosse Pointe, Mack Avenue
- Livonia, Plymouth Road, Twelve Mile
- Royal Oak, Woodward Avenue
- Shelby Township, Haynes Road
- Warren, Old Thirteen Mile