ALPENA, Mich. (WXYZ) — A former Michigan school teacher has been charged with several counts of criminal sexual conduct with children, according to prosecutors.
Michigan State Police arrested 38-year-old Heather Winfield after an investigation that began during her tenure at Alpena Public Schools from 2016 to July 2018.
Winfield was charged with:
- Two counts of first degree criminal sexual conduct with child under 13,
- One count of first degree criminal sexual conduct during the commission of a felony,
- Third degree criminal sexual conduct with child 13-15
- Second degree criminal sexual conduct with child under 13
- Accosting a minor for immoral purposes, and
- Using a computer to commit a crime
If convicted, she faces a possible life sentence.
Officials have not yet determined a preliminary exam conference and preliminary examination date.
The case was a joint investigation between the Michigan State Police and Alpena City Police.