News

Actions

Michigan students hospitalized after negative reaction to substance ingested through vape pen

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WXYZ.png
Posted at 8:33 AM, Mar 01, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-01 10:16:12-05

LAPEER, Mich. (WXYZ) — Four students from Lapeer Community Schools have been hospitalized after experiencing a negative reaction to a substance ingested through a vape pen.

According to a post on the district's Facebook page, the students were hospitalized for treatment and further monitoring.

The parents of the students have been notified.

School officials say they do not know the nature of the substance and it is currently being evaluated by medical staff.