MUSKEGON, Mich. (WXYZ) — Michigan's Adventure will not open its amusement park this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic, but the WildWater Adventure waterpark at Michigan's Adventure is scheduled to open next week.
According to the company, the waterpark will open to passholders on July 16 before opening to the public on July 17.
Daily ticket sales begin Wednesday, and reservations are required for all guests.
“The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority, and we want them to feel confident that they can enjoy our waterpark in a manner that’s both safe and fun,” said Camille Jourden-Mark, vice president and general manager at Michigan’s Adventure and WildWater Adventure. “Our new health and safety protocols align with CDC recommendations and have been shaped by information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials. We are ready to welcome our guests back for some family fun.”
The new safety protocols include:
- A new online reservation system; each guest is required to have a reservation prior to their visit to enable capacity management;
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear masks as directed by the protocols
- Social distancing markers throughout the entrance and waterpark, including water attraction queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitizing stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
The park will open with limited capacity and hours, scheduled for Thursdays through Sundays. Since the amusement park will not open, guests will only be able toe experience