PONTIAC, Mich. (WXYZ) — Three people were killed and one seriously injured following a shooting at an apartment complex in Pontiac Wednesday night.
The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office says it is investigating the triple homicide as well as the serious injury of a fourth victim that happened at the Carriage Circle Apartment Complex.
At 9:10pm, deputies responded to the 200 block of Carriage Circle Drive for a report from multiple 911 calls of a shooting with multiple victims. At the scene, deputies found four victims on the front porch, inside the home, and on the front lawn of a residence, according to the Sheriff's Office.
The first victim found on the front porch had already succumbed to his injuries. The other three victims were taken to local hospitals to receive treatment. The second and third victim were both pronounced deceased shortly after their arrival at the hospital. The fourth victim remains in serious condition, the Sheriff's Office says.
After an investigation with witnesses and the surviving victim, detectives determined the shooting occurred as a result of an ongoing dispute with neighbors as well as a previous assault which occurred in 2014 between the victims and the shooter.
Deputies say all the victims had been on the front porch of the shooter’s home instead of their own, and the suspect went outside armed with a handgun and opened fire on all four victims before fleeing the scene.
Detectives, the Sheriff’s Office Forensic Laboratory, and an investigator from the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office investigated the crime scene.
While actively working the scene, the shooter arrived at the Sheriff’s Office Pontiac Substation and turned himself in to deputies where he was taken into custody.
He was interviewed and then placed at the Oakland County Jail. The weapon which was used in the shooting was recovered from an address in the 700 block of Whittemore.
The victims who were killed in this incident were all male residents of the City of Pontiac and were 28, 29, and 39 years old. The victim in serious condition is a 25-year-old male resident of the City of Pontiac.
The suspect who has been arrested is a 32-year-old male resident of the City of Pontiac, identified as Kenneth Durell Clay. He has been charged with the following:
- Homicide-Murder First Degree-Premeditated - Life felony
- Ct. 2: Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony- 2-year felony
- Ct. 3: Homicide-Murder First Degree-Premeditated - Life felony
- Ct. 4: Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony- 2-year felony
- Ct. 5: Homicide-Murder First Degree-Premeditated - Life felony
- Ct. 6: Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony- 2-year felony
- Ct. 7: Assault with Intent to Murder-Life felony Ct 8: Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony- 2-year felony
- Ct. 9: Weapons-Firearm-Possession by a felon- 5-year felony
- Ct. 10: Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony- 2-year felony