A crime warning issued by the U.S. Embassy in the Bahamas has singled out operators of personal watercraft or jet skis.
The embassy issued the Tuesday alert following the sexual assault of a U.S. citizen by a man on one of the watercraft on Cabbage Beach.
The Royal Bahamas Police Force says a 26-year-old man was taken into custody as a suspect in the Jan. 2 attack.
The embassy says there have been five sexual assaults of U.S. citizens by jet-ski operators in Nassau since July. The embassy banned its staff from using jet-ski rental companies because of insufficient regulation. It recommends U.S. citizens not use them either.
The embassy expressed similar concerns last year about jet-ski operators as well as rising crime in general in the Bahamas.