News

Actions

Novi Fire Dept.: Overnight chemical fire is not a danger to the public

Posted at 6:19 AM, Jan 31, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-31 06:19:45-05

NOVI, Mich. (WXYZ) — The Novi Fire Department says the chemical fire that burned overnight at the Orotex Corporation is not a danger to the public.

Fire crews and hazmat teams responded to a fire at an injection molding business, Oorotex Corporation, around 8 p.m. Thursday.

The building is located at 9 Mile and Venture.

Novi's fire chief told 7 Action News that all crews were pulled back due to the fumes inside, something the chief says his crew has experienced before at the same location.

Crews managed to contain the fire and checked to make sure all 33 employees made it out safely.

The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.