The Oakland University Police have received an anonymous report of a sexual assault that happened on campus Wednesday.
A campus security authority person reported the information to campus police.
The report claims the assault occurred in a campus residential building around 1 p.m. The suspect was only described as a male. The report also stated "the suspect and complainant had a previous relationship and were known to each other.
The person who filed the complaint hopes to remain anonymous, according to the university.
No arrest has been made in the case.
During "intimate personal interactions," the Oakland University Police Department urges the campus community to:
- Always seek consent;
- Stop sexual advances if the other person indicates no interest, and especially if they say “no”;
- Remember that engaging in any type of sexual activity without the explicit consent of a partner is sexual assault;
- Remember that the absence of a “no” is not a “yes”;
- Be aware that sexual assaults often occur in a residence by a known party.
The department also provided these tips to promote campus safety:
- Trust their instincts. If a situation or location feels unsafe or uncomfortable, it probably isn’t the best place to be;
- Contact the Oakland University Police Department anytime they feel their safety may be at risk or they wish to utilize the SAFEWalk Escort program;
- Call for help when witnessing a crime.