News

Actions

PetSmart recalls strip lights for reptile cages due to fire hazard

Posted: 5:30 PM, Aug 31, 2018
Updated: 2018-09-01 13:03:59Z
PetSmart recalls strip lights due to fire hazard
PetSmart recalls strip lights due to fire hazard

PetSmart is recalling a strip light fixture for reptile cages due to a fire hazard, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. 

The strip light's fluorescent bulb reportedly overheats causing the hood on the fixture to ignite, officials say. 

PetSmart says they received six reports of the light fixture catching fire. 

Here's a description of the product: 

This recall involves 20-inch and 30-inch All Living Things reptile strip light fixtures. These light fixtures simulate natural daylight and are attached to the top of the reptile’s terrarium.  The 20 inch fixture has UPC number 73725773305 and the 30 inch fixture has UPC number 73725773306 printed on the packaging. 

The product was sold at PetSmart stores nationwide from March 2017 through July 2017 at $35.

Nearly 23,000 units were sold in the United States, including 440 sold in Canada.

Consumers should stop using the lights right away and return them to any PetSmart store for a full refund. 

Anyone with questions should contact PetSmart at (888) 839-9638.